How to make the best class
• 12 fabulous, fun girls
• 9 magnificent, marvellous boys
• A handful of hard work
• A sprinkle of challenge
• A spoonful of endeavour
• A heap of laughter and fun
• A cupful of love
• A pinch of teamwork
1. Mix together 12 fabulous fun girls and 9 magnificent, marvellous boys
2. Carefully scatter in a handful of hard work followed by a sprinkle of challenge
3. Then add a spoonful of endeavour
4. Don’t forget a heap of laughter and fun
5. Next you must carefully pour in a cupful of love
6. Finally don’t forget a pinch of team work
7. Shake it all up and you will get……………………Year 1J
This is our class page that will show over the year just how super we are and all of our achievements at school. Please keep visiting to find out what we’re up to!
Well this is the final goodbye to Year 1J form Mrs Jones, Mrs Jackson and Miss Allan. We can't believe that this is the end of the year and we are soooo sad we didn't get to finish year one with you. We have missed you all soooo much, you have all made Year 1J a truly amazing class and we wish you every success when you go into Year 2 in September.
We loved seeing all your lovely smiling faces this week, you are all getting so big. We really want to say a big well done for all the amazing work you have done during lockdown, and would also like to say a huge thank you to all your amazing parents for helping you with home learning and all of your activities.
We hope you have a fabulous summer holiday and we will look forward to seeing you all in September. We will be there waving you on in Year 2. Miss you all and see you soon xxx
Some really exciting information has been passed onto us!! Please take a look.....
Exciting Music Scholarship Opportunity
We are really excited to inform you all that Side By Side Arts have managed to secure funding from the Big Local to allow them to provide 8 weeks of music scholarship to children in the Big Local Area. This will be for either piano, guitar or vocal tuition.
Side By Side Arts would like to offer up to 25 of these places to our pupils on a first come first serve basis.
Please find the Scholarship Agreement below – if you would be interested in securing a place for your child after reading this then please contact Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn something new and a valuable way to fill in time during these weeks away from school and is an opportunity not to be missed so get in quick!
About the scholarship
· This scholarship will last for the duration of 8 x 30 minute group lessons which are scheduled on a weekly basis with the same teacher
· Lessons will be held online via Zoom
· For piano or guitar an instrument will be required at your home to enable you to practise and also to take part in the lesson. This does not have to be a full sized piano or of really good quality, a keyboard will be more than adequate
· Vocal tuition will not require any instrument, just your voice
· Before the scholarship commences and after the 8 week term you will be required to complete a short questionnaire
· It is expected that each student will practise for a minimum of 10 minutes every day between lessons
· Each student must be prompt to their lesson as lateness will not be made up at the end of the time slot.
· If you can not make the lesson time please email email@example.com to inform us. If you give more than 12 hours notice the lesson will be rescheduled to a different time. Less than this the lesson will be forfeited no alternate time will be offered.
· Failure to attend two consecutive lessons without a valid reason will result in your scholarship being terminated
Hi everyone- another week of home learning ahead! Only two weeks left so keep it up for those last two weeks! Hopefully Mrs Jones and I will see you on Friday when we bring your report and books!
Have a lovely week. Missing you all
What a lovely week of sunshine we have had! I love the summer! I hope you've enjoyed getting outside. I have planned a few outdoor activities this week so let's hope it's not too rainy. Keep up all your fantastic work. I must give a special shout out to Bua and Layla who have been sending so many photographs. Amazing work girls! And everyone else who has been working as hard as they can.
Friday's maths session on White Rose isn't available so please spend this time practising the following:
-counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
-number bonds to 10 and 20
-doubles and halves
Play quizzes or hit the button to see how fast you can be at answering the questions!
Just realised I've put at the top of the daily sheets that this week is about measure- obviously it is about counting in repeated groups. Silly Mrs Jackson- all of the resources are right so just make sure you use the videos about counting in repeated groups from White Rose.
Missing you all lots xx
Here is a link for some lovely ideas you might like to get involved in....
Dear Year 1J,
I have loved looking at all the lovely things and super work you’ve been doing at home. You all look like you’re having so much fun! Your Mummies and Daddies are doing a super job at being your new teachers!!
Thank you so much for all your lovely letters I have received. I’ve read them all and they made me smile lots! You are all so kind! I am missing you all so so so much but I can’t wait to see you when you go back to school. I will definitely be popping back to Brighton Avenue to say hello and see all your lovely faces!
Stay safe and take care!
Lots of love
Miss Allan 🌈🌈🌈
Week 7 here we come! Hope you're all ok- we miss you all so much. This week we are hopefully going to get some nice, sunny weather so try to get out and active but stay safe! If you are getting out and active we'd love to see this as well as all of brilliant pictures of your work! We hope you are all behaving- if you have any pictures of you helping around the house please let us see those as well.
Take care and keep smiling
Hi everyone- I've put some ideas for things to get you active outside on the Outdoor Learning page. If you go to the menu, then click on curriculum and the select outdoor learning you will see the document of ideas attached.
Please send if any pictures of you taking part in these,
Mrs Jackson x
For any parents/ children interested in growing please follow the link below. A local company have put together some growing kits for either indoors/ outdoor growing for any donation you can afford. If you do decide to take part/ buy a kit please take some photos, we would love to see what you produce!